What is Postgres Challenge?
This exciting, first-ever Postgres challenge is about to kick-start soon! If you love Postgres and think you know it well enough to bring on the challenge, this is for you. Known as world’s most advanced open source database, Postgres has earned itself a strong reputation for reliability, data integrity, and correctness. And this interactive platform will be celebrating this powerful, open source Database. If you’d like to be a part of the Postgres challenge and walk away as a winner, just register and we will keep you updated when it launches.
So how will the Challenge unfold:
- Register yourself with full details
- Attempt and submit the 30-question Quiz based on Postgres Database
- Submit a maximum 5-min video describing your Postgres experience or any business or project challenge that you resolved using Postgres
- Get Votes on your video through friends and peers, the more the merrier
- A panel of judges will select the best entries based on the cumulative score of 30 quiz questions, video, votes and judge review.
- 5 top winners will be declared
The challenge will enable you to get better involved with Postgres while giving you a chance to win, on basis of how you have implemented Postgres in newer and unique situations in your careers. At the same time, it’s a great opportunity to connect with the Postgres community globally on a deeper level. Postgres users across the world will be taking part in this one-of-a-kind challenge. This will be inspiring all of you Postgresites to challenge yourselves beyond your current skillsets. See if you can crack it. The battle is about to begin soon, stay geared!
Benefits of Quiz
The Postgres Challenge positively impacts Postgresites because it:
- Gives a realistic view of your Postgres skills set
- Makes you think of more real life use cases
- Challenges you to solve more situations with Postgres
- Gives a boost to your career and opportunities
- Encourages you to collaborate with the Postgres community more actively
Don’t miss out on this opportunity! Time to take Postgres to the next level! Register now
Eligibility to participate
We want you to be a part of Postgres Play, if you are:
- Interested in working on evangelising and implementing Postgres database solutions
- Passionate about promoting and fostering Postgres globally
- Willing to be part of an open dialogue between communities and enterprises
- Working on various Postgres projects under profiles like PostgreSQL DBAs, Developers, Solution architects, Project managers and similar profiles
Prizes to be won
The 5 top winners of Postgres Challenge will be awarded with Amazon coupons/country equivalent gift cards or coupons with prize amount as mentioned:
- 1st Prize – US $750
- 2nd Prize – US $500
- 3rd Prize – US $350
- 4th Prize – US $250
- 5th Prize – US $100
Terms & Conditions
- The Contest is open to everyone with Postgres skills. All entrants must be over the age of 18 to participate in the Contest.
- Employees of Ashnik, their promotion agencies and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
- Contest entries must be completed with full contact details in order to qualify as a legit entry.
- Only one entry per entrant will be accepted.
- Completed entries will need to comprise of the participant clearing both rounds of the Challenge –
1) Attempting the quiz of 30 Questions
2) Uploading a maximum 5-min Video explaining ‘How you solved a business challenge/ community project / personal project using Postgres’. Getting likes on your respective Video, through your social means.
- All entries will pass a round of Judge’s Panel – who will select the top 5 entries – each a cumulative score of the quiz and video and the most popular video based on no.of likes each garners.
- By submitting the contest entries, each participant thereby authorizes Ashnik to showcase their entry on the Postgres Challenge website in perpetuity in or on any and all media, now known or hereafter devised. It also represents and warrants that all elements contained in the contest entry
(i) Is original to the participant or fully cleared for use as contemplated herein
(ii) Does and will not, in any way, violate or breach any of the terms of any other agreement the participant may be a party to
(iii) Is not obscene or in any other manner unlawful
(iv) Shall not require Ashnik to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of the use of the same.
- Judges of the Challenge will pick the best entries amongst all eligible entries as the top 5 winners. Their decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entertained about Ashnik’s/Judge’s decisions.
- The event host, Ashnik, reserves the right to disqualify all entries that do not meet the rules and regulations of the Contest. These include entries submitted with invalid or incorrect information.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash and may be subject to availability. Value of the prizes may vary; Ashnik reserves the right to replace any prizes with items of similar value without prior notice.
- Acceptance of any prize shall constitute consent on the winner’s part to allow the use of the winner’s name, image, quote, voice and/or likeness by Ashnik/Postgres Challenge website for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Contest, Sony at its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement entrant should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to the Terms and Conditions.
- Terms and Conditions, shall be final and binding on all participants in the contest, and no queries, challenges or appeals may be made or entertained regarding Ashnik’s decision on the same.